Friday, October 20, 2017

The Tall Mossy Green Sink



This mossy green sink is one of my newest sinks. I like how the glaze turned out. The green compliments the red iron-oxide base nicely.

Sometimes when I'm not careful with the drainage holes they get clogged up with glaze. When that happens there's really not much that I can do to correct for that mistake. So with runny glazes I need to create holes that are a lot larger. With this glaze I can get away with smaller holes if I'm careful because this glaze generally stays where I put it nicely.

Another thing I did a little differently with this sink was to raise the walls and to have the walls taper a bit more. That way when your hand-washing you can put your hands in the basin as appose to over the basin. This diminishes the little splashing that occurs during hand-washing.

This added height also allows for a wider overall  diameter.  Typically, the limiting factor is the width of the toilet tank top which is about 9 inches wide. I like it when I have a few inches on each side of my base to see the top of the toilet.

No comments:

Post a Comment